May 20, 2013

End of the Year REFLECTIONS :)

Hi Teacher Friends! I’m linking up with Miss Lifesaver today to wrap up another year! This is the perfect time to reflect on how we've grown and look forward to
continuing to learn and grow as educators. AND…the perfect time to plan our summer fun...but that’s not quite what this linky is about. ;)

For her linky, she is asking 3 reflective questions: 
Question #1 What was the biggest professional challenge you faced this year? 
At the conclusion of the previous school year, my administrators and the head of our
special education department approached me to discuss co-teaching an inclusion ELA classroom for one of my 3 periods in fifth grade. The expression, “the hardest job you will ever love” comes to mind immediately! This experience not only gave me the opportunity to work side by side with and learn from a fabulous special education teacher, but it also forced me to slow down and learn to think a bit outside of the box with how I teach. She has grown to be one of my best friends and I can’t begin to express how much I have learned from her. 

Question #2 What was the biggest personal challenge you faced this year? 
I guess the biggest personal challenge this year for me was starting this blog and
finding the time to fit it into my personal life. I have always admired teachers that were able to put their experiences out there for others to read and comment about, so I finally took the leap! There has been a learning curve on finding balance between “my world” and “my online world” but it has certainly been worth the effort! You guys are a very supportive and wonderful community and I have loved every minute of joining Blog World! My goal was to reach 200 followers by the end of my first month and I didn't quite make it. My new and improved goal is 200 followers by the end of my second month. We’ll see how that goes! Help a girl out, would ya?  


Question #3 How do you think you've grown from your experiences? 
Co-teaching in an inclusive classroom certainly made me slow down and reflect on
my teaching methods and realize that I need to approach every skill in many different ways to make sure I meet the needs of all different types of learners. I have also learned that progress is progress, no matter how small and to celebrate all victories, even the smallest of the small! 

As a blogger, I feel that I am still growing and learning along with each of you and I wouldn't have it any other way! Thanks for reading!
  



Don't forget to click over and link up with Miss Lifesaver to reflect on your school year as well.  I look forward to reading your reflections!
Have a super week TEACHER FRIENDS!  
Summer is coming soon!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! This was my first year teaching with an inclusion teacher as well, and it came with many rewards and challenges. You're doing such a great job with your blog - I can't believe how recently you've begun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I saw this link up! I just linked up as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you took the leap and became a blogger! I love checking in with you!! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you have been blogging for less than two months. Your post are informative and so well written! I hope your reach your goal!

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. 200 followers in one month! Wow. You're almost there and are doing amazing. I'm hoping for like 25 followers after a month :) Enjoy your summer break.

    Angie
    www.teaching-with-class.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great at this blogging thing! I agree that you have to find some sort of balance between blogging, teaching, family, etc... Can be hard to fit it all in!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so stinkin' cute, Brandee! You are rocking at the blogging thing! I think that the relationship you form with a person that you co-teach with is so special. I co-taught this year, too with someone I didn't know well before the school year started, I feel like we can now finish each other's sentences. Thanks for blogging about how much that can grow someone professionally to co-teach! So true!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs