May 17, 2013

It's the Most WONDERFUL time of the YEAR!

It’s time for Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday and Friday Flashback from Teaching Maddeness! I hope you had a fabulous week in your classrooms! 
 We've had a ball wrapping things up around here! 

#1 I feel famous! Crystal, over at The Library Fox, created a mini ME! I am so excited. She does fabulous work and you should definitely check her out. Wouldn't you love to be famous too? She can certainly make you feel that way!

#2 Have you tried Edmodo in your classroom? I haven’t used it a lot this year but I am trying it out with a few kids now and will definitely be implementing EDMODO much more next year. This is the perfect time to try out new things in your classroom.


#3 Don’t you just love this time of year? We, as teachers, get to organize and refresh everything to get ready for the upcoming school year. It’s time to reflect on what worked well and even what might not have worked so well. This closet didn't look like this in the fall and it won’t look like this by the end of next week! YAY! I love organizing!


#4 BIG NEWS for me at school! I will most likely be teaching a ELA/Social Studies combo class next year and I am so excited! Although I only taught ELA this year, I feel as though I have been teaching SS all year long. I have been working very hard to integrate SS into our ELA common core standards for fifth grade, so it just makes since that I add it in officially. I currently teach 3 ELA blocks but will drop down to 2 blocks when I officially begin integration of SS in the fall. Any teachers out there have suggestions for me?

#5 On a personal note, SUMMER SWIM LEAGUE has started for my boys, or I should say for my entire family! My kids swim on a year round indoor league, but take a break to enjoy the sunshine and swim on a local club team during the summer! Can you imagine what sitting by a pool on nice warm May evenings does to a teacher SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE! 

 Don’t forget to hop over and visit Doodle Bugs Teaching and Teaching Maddeness to see what everyone else was up to this week!  
And if you haven't linked up to follow, I would love to connect with you.  Feel free to choose any of the links on the right to connect!

Happy Friday Teacher Friends!

18 comments:

  1. Hey Brandee. Don't you just think Crystal's mini me's are great. I worked with her this past semester. She's created a mini me for my blog now. Can't wait to get it posted - it's suppose to have flip flops!

    Chelsea
    www.flipfloppinthrough.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! Your mini me is adorable!!! :)

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new teaching position for next year! I can tell you are very excited. I am very jealous of your closet....I need to get started on that task. Yikes!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandee,
    Do you want to come organize my closet? Ha, ha!
    I'm sure you will do an amazing job with LA and SS- you have such great ideas!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little icon/ mini me is so cute! That is just adorable. And I agree with you, this is the time of year to try new things. I need to get busy with my end of the year organizing - my room has too many piles right now. Following you - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandee & Chelsea, Thanks for the shout outs! :-) I'm so glad you're happy with your mini! Chelsea, I'm hoping to get yours to you this weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a lot in common! From Edmodo to having a swimmer! I'm your newest follower!!!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you do Edmodocon last year? I did that last year and it was pretty good - and free!

    I love the "new" you! That is fantastic!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to check out Edmodo - I haven't heard of it before. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "mini-me" is super cute! :) I love that you integrate SS into literacy! Awesome! Happy weekend my friend! :)
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mini me is very cute.
    Congrats on your move into a new class format. I was a history major in college. Social studies and ELA really fit together very well.

    Have a awesome weekend.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Brandee,

    I love your mini-me. It's so cute! Congrats on the new position - it can be invigorating to try something new.

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mini me is adorable!!

    Edmodo looked cool when I briefly browsed it the other night. Have fun with ELA/ Social Studies. I taught 5/6 social studies for first time this year and found that I LOVED it!!!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Brandee! Love your Mini-Me!
    It will be time for me to reflect soon...
    Enjoy the swim season. I follow my daughters in softball (on my way in a few mins). It's relaxing for me.
    Talk to you soon!
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Brandee!

    I love your min me too! I might have to see about getting one! Thanks for sharing.


    :) Shelley
    The Perks of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
  17. For the past two years, I have taught 5th grade Language Arts and Social Studies. I have two blocks (80 minutes total each block) of Language Arts in the morning. Then in the afternoon, I teach a block (80 minutes total) of Social Studies. The Social Studies students rotate every 4 1/2 weeks. These are the same students (different mixture) that I have for Language Arts. I think Language Arts and Social Studies work well together (easily integrated) and it's nice to refer to SS topics during Language Arts time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs