May 19, 2013

Science Mentor Text App

Well, apparently I am starting a tradition of stepping slightly outside of the box for Collaboration Cuties linky for Must Read Mentor Texts. ;)  

Today I am suggesting a website/app to use as text in your classrooms.  Recently I suggested catalogs instead of traditional books. I guess I like to live on the edge! ;)
Have you ever used Wonderopolis?  This fabulous site states a WONDER of the Day and provides lots of text, videos, links, etc. to answer a question related to the WONDER! 


You can EXPLORE past wonders, Test your Knowledge, research related wonders, or dig deeper into the WONDER of the Day if you are "still WONDERING."  There are WONDER WORDS, and a WONDER Gallery of related pics, all connected to the daily WONDER!  A tremendous amount of scientific information at your students' fingertips!

Your students can even submit their own WONDERS to be discovered!  Fun, educational, and meets many, many Common Core ELA standards!

Best of all...THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT!
That's right, if you haven't tried it out, there is a Wonderopolis app that brings all this research and information straight to your handheld devices...and it's free!

Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to click over to Collaboration Cuties to see the other Science Mentor Texts that are being linked up today!

Also, if you haven't connected, I would love to connect with you to continue to grow our professional learning network.  

Please feel free to use any of the links on the right to connect so that we can all continue to be LIFELONG LEARNERS!

16 comments:

  1. I will have to check this out. This idea would totally fit with my Wonder Wall!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandee,
    This looks pretty great. I'll be checking it out with my kids this week.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check this out. Reminds me of the old TV show Wonderama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wonderopolis - my class loved commenting and checking the next day to get a reply. Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Wonderopolis - I made a fun little tri-fold for my students to use while reading a wonder...and it's a freebie!
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Wonderopolis-Activity-Sheet-Trifold-638032

    I'll be posting about it on my blog soon!
    Upper Grades Are Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of that before. How fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I have never heard of this site before, but I am SOLD! This looks AWESOME! :)

    Thanks for sharing Brandee!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing about this, but have not looked into it yet! I guess I will have to go ahead and look into it!!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly
    Koonce’s Korner

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I need to check this out! First, I need some tablets in my room!!! Of course, I can use the website but I'm hoping for tablets next year! I'm going to file this away to remember for next year!

    Thanks so much for thinking outside the box and linking up!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea and will share your blog with my science partner! I'm also a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keeping up with the ever changing app world is nearly impossible. I pretty much go by other teachers' suggestions. Thanks for the tip.
    Have a great week.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never heard of this but I'm intrigued! Hopping over to check it out now. Thanks for sharing. Let's see how Instagram goes. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to check that app out! I love learning new things! Thanks Brandee!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brandee, I LOVE this! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to check it out!!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this site! I use it as one of my Daily Five stations...listen to reading, read to self, partner read...
    High interest for kids!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great! I'd heard of this website, but didn't investigate it at all.. now I will have to!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs