May 18, 2013

Simple Motivational Tip

Happy Weekend Teacher Friends!  For some of you, I bet this is the first weekend of summer.  Some of us have a few more weeks, or at least a few more days to go and we are going to need the fabulous ideas that I am certain will be posted today over at Head Over Heels for Teaching!

I'm linking up with what might be my quickest, simplest post ever because it's a beautiful day and I am heading out for tennis and then the pool with my kiddos.:)


All people, especially kids, need to feel successful! 
Kids will work harder to make something they are proud of better;but they won't work very hard if they feel like they are never going to get it right anyway!  
We, as teachers, need to remember that progress is progress no matter how small, and success for one child may be very different from the success of another.

There's my tip for a way to SPARK STUDENT MOTIVATION!  Make them feel successful and good about themselves and their work, and they just might surprise you.  You might be the first teacher that has ever found that wonderful skill hidden deep within them that makes them feel successful! And if you are, take that skill and begin building a confident successful student!


Happy Weekend Teacher Friends!  I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day!
I would love for you to connect using the links on the right if you haven't already!  I love learning from other teachers who love learning!  Leave a comment and let me know where I can find you to connect as well!

15 comments:

  1. Love that poster! It is a great reminder, thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandee! Nice to meet you too! ( Love your blog name)! Creating Lifelong Learners is what we do! I will keep in touch! have a great week! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more!! Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote! It is so true and in this madness of testing, something to remember. Have fun at the pool! Workouts or meet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your pool day! I am jealous! ;) I'm doing laundry, housework, and masters work! You are so right...progress is progress! Every little bit counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of your pretty weather. It is nasty and rainy here! Soak some up for me! :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right Brandee! At the end of the year when we are looking at data, we have to take into account where our kiddos started. Thanks for sharing that great poster!

    Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great reminder! Enjoy your beautiful weather!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true!!! I always try to be positive and lift my students' up by pointing out their individual successes! It's amazing how it really changes their views of themselves! Hope you enjoy your tennis and pool day! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooo true! That poster needs to be in every teacher lounge. Have a Happy Saturday!!! I'm so glad I started following you!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a simple tip but a great reminder. Thanks for sharing!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great poster! Perfect! Thanks for linking up and sharing what we all need to hear!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quote just speaks volumes, Brandee!! Thank you so much for sharing:) I hope you had a beautiful day at the pool!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  14. The simple truth that our lawmakers need to read and digest. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs