May 6, 2013

Yay! I'm going to be a Guest Blogger on the Nerdy Book Club!

Just a quick post to share some news! I am going to be a guest blogger on the Nerdy Book Club! If you love books written for children and young adults, then this is the place for you!  You should definitely hop over for a visit and get ready to read because there are many very inspiring posts on their blog!  I am so incredibly honored to be posting for them!
The blog itself has three facilitators. One is Donalyn Miller, author of The Book Whisperer. She has been a tremendous influence on how I run my classroom and how I approach reading and writing in general. If you didn't get a chance to read my post about Book Talks, you can read it here. In my opinion, Book Talk time in my classroom is the most important thing I do for my students all day long, and this was all inspired by her. Colby Sharp also facilitates on this blog. He is a fabulous fourth grade teacher. His dedication to our craft if phenomenal! The third facilitator is Cindy Minnich, a high school teacher and lover of books and technology! 

Could I have found a better group of "Nerds" to hang out with?? I am so excited! 

How do you handle independent reading in your classrooms and what are your experiences with it? Have any of you ever read The Book Whisperer?  I'm sure many of you feel the same way that I do about the book and have been forever changed as teachers and readers. I would love to hear all about it!   

Look for a post by *me* near the end of May on the Nerdy Book Club!  Can you tell I'm excited??!! I'm off to write! :)

8 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you...and a bit jealous! Nerdy Book Club is one of my favorites!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I LOVE The Book Whisperer. That book was the one that inspired me to run a Reading Workshop in my classroom.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such awesome news, Brandee!! I can't wait to read your post :) The Book Whisperer is life/teaching changing if you know what I mean :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I hope that you have lots of fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I follow them, so I will be on the lookout! Congrats!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brandee,
    I just found your blog through Julie at My Journey to Fifth Grade, and so glad I did! I have a very similar teaching philosophy. :) I'm excited to read through your posts- lots of inspiration here. I'll be following Nerdy Book Club as well. Thanks for sharing!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you— can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy I found you, well I think you found me! We have a ton in common. I am a HUGE fan of DonaLyn & her book. She came in for our Fall PD and gave such a motivating presentation! She is such a sweetheart in person too! I LOVE the Nerdy Book Club too! So excited for you. I will be back to read up on your past entries when I have a minute! :) Great Blog! Looking forward to getting to know you some more!

    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs