Jun 6, 2013

Teachers are Readers Too: Summer Reading Party

School's OUT FOR SUMMER! (Did you sing along?) 
This calls for a PARTY and EVERYONE is invited! 
If you are a blogger, feel free to link up.  If you aren't a blogger, feel free to share your favorite reads in the comment section of this party post!  I can't wait to start my reading list. :)

When I shared with you my plan for Summer BOOK TALKS with my students, it occurred to me that I didn't want us to be left out!  I would love a chance to talk about GREAT BOOKS that I am reading and hear about GREAT BOOKS that I just know I am going to want to read after you tell me about them! ;)
This first grown-up reading party has an open invitation until June 17th so link up after you've had time to enjoy some summer reading time. If the party is well attended, we can have another one after that!  (Thanks to Collaboration Cuties for the cutie CHEVRON paper that I used in my party button.)  :)

The rules are simple.
  1. Link up with a picture of the book you are sharing with us and link to a post that tells us a bit about why you think we might love that book. 
  2. Grab the button and link directly back to this post so that readers can browse our book suggestions before heading to the book store, or Kindle app, or Nook app, etc.  You get the idea. :)
  3. Please share the love and comment on the link before you and after you and maybe even link up to follow a few new friends!  
Happy Reading! :)

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! Can't wait to see what everyone else is reading!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea! I'm looking for some great books to read this summer!

    Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is a fun idea. I can't wait to share on my blog. I'll share linky when finished. I'm also going to share this linky with all fans, friends, and foes. Enjoy your day, Teacher Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to link up, BUT the only thing I've read for almost a year and a half is tons and tons and tons of masters class work articles! I am so ready to be done so I can get back to reading for pleasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lana, I feel your pain. I plan to sneak in Teach Like a Pirate between all my grad. books and articles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just ordered Notice and Note-waiting for it to come in then I'll link up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to be reading Teach Like a Pirate and blog along with some others for a book study that's going on (you can see my post today- do you want me to link those up?)

    I'll also be reading Notice and Note for a staff development I'm reading...

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I would love to link up but currently I'm reading parenting book, so not exciting lol. Plus I'm doing holiday reading n book reviews project with my son. We've already borrowed 9 books from our library. Not much chance for me to read this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs