Jul 9, 2013

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words {Tried It Tuesday}

Hi Friends ~ Just a quick post to share a few apps that I "TRIED" this week.  I don't use INSTAGRAM, because frankly,  I am certain I would LOVE it a bit too much! So instead, I played with a few apps just to see what I could do. :)  If you are an instagrammer, these are probably old news to you. In fact, please feel free to share others that you use and I will try those out too, because this was so much fun! :)

First up is A BEAUTIFUL MESS. This app is very user friendly and lots of fun to play with. :). I like the doodle frames and other doodles you can easily insert into your pics.  This one is great for fun quick edits for social media, or simply to share via a text.





Next up is INSTCOLLAGE. This app does the same type things, but the frames are a bit more traditional, and allow more than one pic per frame.    :) In fact, the paid version, 99 cents, allows you to put lots of pics in one frame!  I only went with 2 for my example. :) I prefer the fonts in A BEAUTIFUL MESS, but prefer the frames in INSTACOLLAGE. Go figure, I'm picky, and yes, of course, more pics of my boys swimming. :)





Since I was having so much fun playing with pictures on my iPad, I decided to create a post straight from there too. This led me to my 2nd "Tried It" this week, and this one's just for my blogging friends, and future blogging friends. ;)

Have you tried POSTS? Super simple app that allows you to create blogger post straight from your iPad!  In fact, there are even a few options available that usually require HTML coding, built right in! FAB-U-LOUS! What do you think? I'm posting from POSTS right now. :)  Now, I must admit, I prefer to type on my computer, but in a pinch, this app is wonderful.  I have used it before to insert pics aligned with texts, like the app icons in this post, but I have never completed an entire post on my iPad before today.  First time for everything, and I think it went quite well.  :)

****************
Follow on Bloglovin
****************


Thanks Holly for always encouraging us to try new things. :)  This was fun!  Click over and visit Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper, and be sure to click around and see what else a few bloggers "TRIED" this week!

23 comments:

  1. Brandee, Thanks so much for the tip about Posts! I just downloaded it! I am your most recent follower. :)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Beautiful Mess is by FAR my favorite app! Instantly my pictures are way more cute :)

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am downloading these apps now! THANKS so much :)

    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! You gave lots of good app suggestions. I'm on my way to download them right now, esp the posting one. In the words of the Dos Equis guy, "I don't post from my iPad often, but when I do, I want to use an app that makes it easier." :)

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Thanks for sharing.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandee, thanks for the tips. I was just looking for something like A Beautiful Mess yesterday!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to get a smart phone! I have been avoiding it because I know I would love apps like these too much:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm off to try A Beautiful Mess right now. Thanks for the tip.

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks I was wondering how people made their pictures so pretty! I need to download the Posts app too.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the tips! I didn't know about Posts. That sounds handy to have!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the app A Beautiful Mess! You should soooooo hop on the Instagram wagon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to hav eto check these out.
    One of my favorites is Camera+
    There is a button called "clarity" that I use all the time to pull out colors and detail.

    thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried A Beautiful Mess, but I love Instacollage. I'm going to try using it with students this year.

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brandee, thanks for sharing all of those great apps! I tried Beautiful Mess for the first time yesterday. It was easy to use. I'm going to have to download the rest now! I'm impressed with Posts. I used the Blogger app once to post and did not like it all. I will have to try Posts now after seeing how great yours turned out!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing all these! I'm new to Instagram and don't have a clue what to use :)
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips on here! I don't use Instagram either, and I've always wanted to know how to post multiple pics in one frame.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brandee,

    I'm going to have to get that iPad app! It'll be perfect for when I go on vacation. I only have an instagram to see everyone else's photos... I never think to use it for my photos! I just use my good ol' iPhone and upload them to Facebook.

    - Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  18. I might have to try "posts" as Blogger app is a bit unreliable. Thanks for sharing!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Downloading A beautiful mess right now! I love photo apps!! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still haven't entered the world of Instagram either but these apps look like something I could handle taking a look at! Thank you so much for sharing as always, Brandee!! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm set up an Instagram account but I haven't done anything with it yet. I have a few photo apps that I like on the iPad but I hadn't heard of a Beautiful Mess. I will definitely go take a look.

    I just downloaded posts so I could check that out too. Right now I use Blogsy but I'm open to trying ther things.

    Thanks for sharing I always get great ideas from your posts.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Brandee,
    Love instcollage too! Its easy to use! I am so in love with my iPad mini that I am going to add post to it~ For some reason I love it more than the regular iPad! Thanks for the ideas! Hope you like my Tried It Tuesday!
    Lessons Learned Lessons Loved

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs