Jul 1, 2013

Monday Made It {Classroom Curtains}

Happy Monday Teacher Friends!  July 1st?  Can it really be?  
I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for this edition of "Monday Made it!"
Here's a picture of the fabric for our new classroom curtains!  I'll post pictures of them actually hanging sometime soon. They are finished, I promise! ;)

My objective's board and small group tablecloth are made with the red polka dots below, and I have green cabinets in the room that I can't paint...so this is what I chose.  I plan to add some chevron accents in the blue you see in the curtain above, but I haven't gotten that far yet! :)


*Teacher TIP: Make your room a room you LOVE!  You spend a lot of time in there, and sometimes we need that extra ray of sunshine to be happy all day!  Take the time to make your room a place you enjoy!

Here's my confession and SHOUT OUT:  
I didn't actually make the curtains myself.  I had a lot of help!
I couldn't have done it without Elizabeth from Fun in 4B.  I measured, cut, and pinned, and she did all the sewing.  Yes, that's right, we can add sewing to the list of things she does very well! :)
THANKS ELIZABETH!

Without Elizabeth, there would have been a lot of HOT GLUE involved.  You laughed, but if you are a teacher, I know you've done it too! ;)

What have you made, or had help making this week?
Click over to 4th Grade Frolics to see a few other projects that have kept bloggers busy this week!

***************
And the winner is... CATHY V.! Congratulations Cathy!
Thanks to all that participated and linked up to follow.  BLOGLOVIN' is truly working well for a lot of bloggers, and we hope that lots of readers are off the a good start with BLOGLOVIN'!
If you haven't set up a free account, you should!  Very user friendly and you don't have to be a blogger to set up an account to organize your favorite blogs for easy reading. :)

Follow on Bloglovin

I'm off to ALL STARS with my little swimming guys.  My 10 year old and 3 of his friends broke 2 local relay records last night!  I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...I had to share! :)
Have a SUPER WEEK!


16 comments:

  1. Love your curtains and colors and you are so right....we need to make it a space we LOVE since we totally live there!!!! Thanks for linkin up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the material for your curtains, and I'm right there with you in the sewing department. I have a sewing machine, I just never use it. Literally my 8th grade daughter can sew better than I can!
    Congrats to your son on breaking the relay record! Very cool!
    Enjoy your week,
    Michele

    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabric! I am going to get mine in about an hour so thanks for motivating me to get busy on this Monday, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out, Brandee! You are right, we have to make our classrooms a space we enjoy :) I can't wait to see how it all comes together!
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric is really nice. Wish we could hang curtains, but the fire marshall will not let us:(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabric! So cute and bright. I agree that a classroom that is bland says something about the person in that room. Luckily elementary teachers can be as colorful as we want!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric you chose! Can't wait to see them hanging...

    Happy Monday--
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice about creating a room you love. We spend so much time in it, we do need to love it.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog design! And those are great fabrics for your classroom projects.

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Cute fabric! You're absolutely right about making your classroom a place you'll enjoy...we do spend A LOT of time there, so it should be a pretty place!

    Amanda @
    Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the fabric your chose...I think blue chevron would go perfectly! And I agree that we need to make our rooms some place we like to be. There are some days when I could probably move a bed in there because I am there so much. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that fabric...it is so cute! I can't wait to see your classroom! You are so right about making it a place that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your fabric choices! And the blue chevron added in is going to look lovely! Make sure you post pics when you get it all done & set up!!

    Brenda
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck boys! I love your color combination-it looks great! I agree, we should make our classroom a happy place that we like to be...that's why I have heels everywhere-they make me happy! :O)
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs