Apr 23, 2014

Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? {Test Prep Workshop}

Hi Teacher Friends!
Welcome to Workshop Wednesday.  I’m linking up with Jivey from Ideas By Jivey to talk about TEST PREP!  Yes, you heard me right, the dreaded TEST PREP words. 
I have never been very fond of tests, or frankly even prepping for them!  School should be exciting and fun…TEST PREP…usually isn’t either one!

This year, to prepare my sweet kiddos for our Social Studies state test, I've decided to challenge our parents to Are You Smarter than Mrs. Green’s Fifth Graders?

I love VISTA PRINT!

We have been very busy training for our BIG DAY!

I have covered 8 units this year, so I needed 8 training stations.  Here’s how I set it up!

I made copies of our notes from each unit, and set up a training project to go with each set of notes.  

My darlings know that they must READ the notes, SYNTHESIZE the information, and use their writing skills to communicate the information in a CREATIVE way.

They are on DAY 2 of our rotations, and by the end of our 8 DAY TRAINING SESSION; our parents will join us to see if they really are SMARTER THAN MRS. GREEN’S FIFTH GRADERS!


Any thoughts on how to improve our training sessions or ways to make GAME SHOW DAY fun?  I’d love to hear your thoughts!  Thanks for stopping by!

Click over and find some other great TEST PREP IDEAS at Ideas By Jivey!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea!! Not only is it fun, it shows the parents just how hard 4th grade (or 5th grade) really is!! :-P Thanks for linking up!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!! I love how it preps your students and involves the parents!! Bravo!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I love this! It sounds like a great experience for both kids and parents. Thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! What a unique idea - and I'm sure the parents eat it up :) It sounds like a lot of work - do you create all of these projects yourself? Do you let the kids help/choose the types of products they create? I can't wait to see what the parents come up with! :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs