May 3, 2014

Who's Going to New Orleans?! :) #IRA14



Not only am I super excited to be presenting this year, I can't wait to attend other sessions and learn from all of you! Come see us at Cutting The Ties to One Size Fits All Literacy Instruction and leave a comment here to let me know where you are presenting and I'll try to come by!


Cutting the Ties to One Size Fits All Literacy Instruction
Saturday May 10 at 11:00
Room 340-341
Event # 01374

Our Workshop will consist of 3 SECTIONS!  See Below:

1~How to teach your students to love reading, while still teaching the standards!


2~ How to teach integrated units using music, picture books, videos, writing, etc.  Anything and everything except TEXTBOOKS!


3~How to motivate and encourage lifelong readers and writers through authentic reading and writing communities!


I'll attach a few handouts here just in case you can't make it.  Help yourself to anything you might be able to use!  Hope to see you in NOLA!



Click here to download a copy of the Book Talk handout.











Click here to download a copy of the Celebrating Authors handout.









Click here to download a copy of the Creating Book Trailers with iMovie.
You can also read more about it here. :)




Click here for a copy of the Dr. Seuss Goes to War handout.
You can also read more about it here.  :)









Click here for a copy of The Great Depression and Graphic Novels handout.
You can also read more about it here. :)





Follow on Bloglovin 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the handouts! They look amazing! New Orleans is a 21 ½ hour drive for me. Maybe next year. :-)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for some time now. I just looked back at a post you had at the beginning of the school year and you had the APE poster listed there. I loved it! I started searching on the internet and found it at mrmepham blog on wordpress. I don't know if he was the original maker of the design but I was able to download a copy from there. Just thought I would pass that on. http://mrmepham.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer....because I would attend!! Thanks for including the handouts :)

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. :)

Copyright © Creating Lifelong Learners | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs